|Prof Danielle Costa Morais, PhD
Associate Professor Management Engineering
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
Danielle Costa Morais is an associate professor in the Management Engineering Department at Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE) since 2007, Director of Post-Graduate Program of Management Engineering at UFPE (2008-2010 and 2013-2021), Head of Management Engineering Department at UFPE (2021-2023), Director of the research group on Decision and Negotiation for Water Management (DNW) and Vice-Coordinator of INCT-INSID. She is Civil Engineering and received her Master and Ph.D. degrees in Management Engineering from UFPE, Brazil. She has been awarded a grant of Productivity in Research by CNPq (Brazilian NRC). Her research interest includes MCDM/A, Group Decision and Negotiation, Operational Research and Water Resources Management. She co-authored over 80 scientific papers in reviewed journals. She serves on the editorial board of a few scholarly journals, such as Group Decision and Negotiation. She has been an active member of the main societies related to Operational Research, MCDM/A and Group Decision, and served the INFORMS MCDM section as a board member (2014-2016) and nowadays she is a member of the Executive Committee of the International Society of MCDM (2022-2026). Also was elected as Secretary (2021-2022) and as Treasury (2023-2024) of the GDN Section of INFORMS.
1. University degrees
- BSc Civil Engineering (2000), Universidade de Pernambuco, Brazil
- Master in Management Engineering (2002), Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil
- PhD in Management Engineering (2006), Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil, including a visiting into sandwich program in University of Southampton (2004-2005).
2. Academic Positions
- Associate Professor at the Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE) since 2007
- Director of Post-Graduate Program of Management Engineering at UFPE (2008-2010 and 2013-2021)
- Head of Management Engineering at UFPE (2021-2023)
- Research of CNPq (Brazilian Research Council) level PQ-1B.
- Courses taught: Production Costs; MCDM/A, Group Decision and Negotiation
3. Other Professional Positions
Civil Engineer at Engeconsult Consultores Técnicos, from 2000 to 2005, dealing with sanitary projects (water, sewage and solid waste)
4. Editorial Board of Journals
- Group Decision and Negotiation
- Guest Editor – Special Issue of IMA Journal of Management Mathematics
- Guest Editor – Special Issue of MPE _ Mathematical Problems Engineering
- Production Journal (Revista Produção); Operational Research for Development (Pesquisa Operacional para o Desenvolvimento); and other Brazilian Journals
5. Scientific Associations
- Member of the Board of MCDM Section of INFORMS (Elected for the term 2013-2016)
- President of the Brazilian Society of Research and Post-Graduate Programs of Management Engineering (Elected for the term 2015 – 2017).
- Member of the Executive Committee of the International Society of MCDM (2022-2026).
- Elected as Secretary (2021-2022) and as Treasury (2023-2024) of the GDN Section of INFORMS .
• International Society of MCDM.
• IEEE: SMC Society; Management Eng Society.
• INFORMS: Decision Analysis Society; GDN Section; MCDM Section; Qual Stas and Reliability.
• Brazilians Societies: Operational Research Soc; Production Eng. Soc.
6. Main Projects
Most projects are related to MCDM models and group decision and negotiation processes.
Several research projects have received financial support from CNPq (Brazilian research council) and CAPES (Brazilian Postgraduate Programs Council)
Research Grant from CNPq, Brasilia, since 2013.
Full list of projects in the Brazilian CV system.
Main publications in scientific journals are in:
Group Decision and Negotiation, Omega (Management Science), Information Sciences, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Water Resources Management, and Resources Conservation and Recycling.
Main Publications in international scientific journals may be seen in:
• Research ID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/G-9697-2012
• Scopus System: http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?authorId=12902812800
• ORCID system: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4430-8122
• Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com.br/citations?user=MTjo4f0AAAAJ
8. Services in Conferences and Meetings
. Program Chair of Group Decision and Negotiation Conference – GDN 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
. Organizing Committee and Scientific Committee of 12th MCDA/M Summer School 2016.
. Organizing Chair of the 12th international annual meeting of the Group Decision and Negotiation Conference (GDN2012) of the INFORMS GDN Section – http://www.cdsid.org.br/gdn2012/
. Member of Program Committee of Group Decision and Negotiation Conference – GDN section of INFORMS, since 2012-currently.
. Cluster Chair of GDN Section of INFORMS
. Session Chair of MCDM Cluster of INFORMS
. Session Chair of IEEE SMC since 2011-currently.
Main Conference Communications:
• Annual INFORMS meeting, MCDM invited sessions.
• Annual meeting of the GDN section of INFORMS.
• MCDM conferences of the International Society on MCDM
• Annual Conferences of the Brazilian Operational Research Society and Production Engineering Society.
9. PostGraduate and Thesis Advisor:
- Master Dissertation supervised: 47 completed and 02 in progress
- PhD thesis supervised: 18 completed and 07 in progress
- Postdoctoral fellows: 07 completed and 01 in progress
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com