|Prof Rodrigo José Pires Ferreira, PhD
Associate Professor Management Engineering
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
Rodrigo J. P. Ferreira is Associate Professor of management engineering department, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE) and has developed research activities at the CDSID (Center for Decision Systems and Information Development – www.cdsid.org.br) since 2002. He received the BSc and MSc degrees in Management engineering from UFPE. He received the PhD in Management engineering from UFPE, in 2008. He is a researcher at the CDSID and RANDOM research groups. He participated in the development of several research projects, softwares, books, supervisions and various academic activities such as participation in national and international conferences. His research interests includes multicriteria decision aiding, multiobjective optimization, maintenance optimization, condition monitoring and fault diagnosis, reliability modeling and manufacturing system modeling and planning. He has authored some scientific papers in journals, such as Reliability Engineering & Systems and IMA Journal of Management Mathematics.
- Production Planning
- Maintenance Management
- Multicriteria Decision Making
- Multi-objective evolutionary algorithms
- Supply-chain Management
1. University degrees
– BSc Production Engineering (2004), Universidade de Pernambuco, Brazil
– Master in Production Engineering (2006), Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil
– Ph. D. in Production Engineering (2008), Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil
2. Academic Positions
– Associate Professor, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE) (2017 to present).
– Assistant Professor, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE) (2010 to 2016).
– Assistant Professor, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN) (2008 to 2010).
– Vice-Director of PPGEP-PRO UFPE, Professional Post-Graduate Program of Management Engineering at UFPE (2017-to present).
– Researcher of the INCT-INSID, National Institute of Information and Decision Systems (2014-to present).
– Researcher of the CDSID UFPE, Center for Decision Systems and Information Development – CDSID (2002-to present).
– Researcher of the RANDOM UFPE, Risk and Decision Analysis in Operations and Maintenance Research Group (2012-to present).
– Courses taught: Maintenance Engineering; Operations Management; Logistics; Probability and Statistics and Statistical Inference.
3. Scientific Associations
– International Society of MCDM
– INFORMS: Decision Analysis Society; GDN Section; MCDM Section; Qual Stas and Reliability GDN Section.
– Brazilians Societies: Operational Research Soc (SOBRAPO);Assoc Production Eng (ABEPRO).
Main publications in scientific journals are in: IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, Reliability Engineering & Systems Safety.
– de Almeida, A.T., Cavalcante, C.A.V., Alencar, M.H., Ferreira, R.J.P., de Almeida-Filho, A.T., Garcez T.V. Multicriteria and Multiobjective Models for Risk, Reliability and Maintenance Decision Analysis. International Series in Operations Research & Management Science. Vol 231. New York: Springer, 2015.
– Several chapter books in Springer series of LNCS and LNBIP.
List of Publications may be seen in:
– Main Publications in international scientific journals may be seen in links to ORCID; ResearcherID; Scopus ; Google Scholar and ResearchGate.
– Conference papers and technological products and others may be seen in: Brazilian CV system
5. Services in Conferences and Meetings
Keynote speaker, invited talks and tutorials:
– Keynote speaker at the XXIX ENDIO – XXVII EPIO, Buenos Aires, June 2016.
– Keynote speaker at the 4th Annual Plant Reliability and Major Maintenance Summit, Rio de Janeiro, December 2015.
– Keynote speaker and tutorials at National conferences of Operational Research Soc; National conferences of Production Eng. Soc.
– Tutorial IEEE Reliability Soc Conference- RAMS, Tucson, January 2016
– Invited talk at 12th MCDA/M Summer School; Recife (2016)
Main Conference Communications in:
– IMA International Conference on Modelling in Industrial Maintenance and Reliability – MIMAR
– Annual INFORMS meeting
– IFORS conferences
– MCDM conferences of the International Society on MCDM
– ESREL conferences
– Annual Conferences of the Brazilian Operational Research Society and Production Engineering Society
6. PostGraduate and Thesis Advisor:
– Master’s Dissertation supervised: 10 completed and 4 in progress.
7. Other Professional Links::
- Phone: +55-81-3879-5552 and +55-81-99860-5252
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org